Making Food Fun was a team of chefs that had a fab workshop running at Moomba this year.
There was a head chef, a side (sous) chef, and another assistant.
My brother and I learnt how to make a dish called Nachos Wrap.
Here is the recipe:
Makes 8 wraps
- 4 slices Mountain Bread
- ½ cup grated low fat cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbs light sour cream
- ½ lime or lemon
- 1 tbs coriander
- Sweet paprika
- ½ clove garlic (optional)
- 125g red kidney beans
- 125g salt-reduced corn
- 1 medium tomato
- ½ red capsicum
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- and the avocado.
- Mix the above with and sour cream.
- Spread avocado dip over .
- Drain the beans and corn and throw out the .
- the red capsicum and tomatoes.
- Mix the beans, capsicum, corn, tomatoes and chilli sauce.
- Put bean salsa in the middle of the.
- Top with cheese.
- Fold in the sides, then to enclose filling.
- Cut bread in .
We make this all the time now for our school lunches – YUMMY! 🙂
For more info about their workshops and more tasty recipes see www.makingfoodfun.com
This recipe and logo at top also from Making Food Fun website.
Recommended age: 7 – 12 yrs.